Google Plus secret commands
Recently, Google has released Google Plus (social network known as Google + ) but its in Beta Stage. And of course, when Google Plus is launched, the fun begins to find tips, tricks and shortcuts to fully exploit the innovation. If you already have access to Google +, you can start testing the following tips. If you have not received an invitation, dont worry, soon you’ll be clicking +1 in the shares of his friends.
Navigation and text
- Use the keys J and K to scroll the page down and up, respectively.
- Use the key Q twice to search and add people to chat.
- With a post selected, press Enter to enable the comments. Use the Tab + Enter combination to publish the text.
- While writing, you can use special tags for formatting. Put words in asterisks * to make them bold, italic and underlines _ for hyphens - to draw a line over the word or phrase marked by them. Ex: * bold *; _italic_-branded e-.
- To mention a contact or sharing in the comment, type @ or + and then start typing the person’s name. Once there, select it from the flyout.
- If you share a message with a small number of people and they do not want to pass this forward to sharing, disable this function by using the Disable Share feature again, accessible by clicking on the little arrow in the upper right of publication.
- Click on the word Limited, along with the date and time of publication, to see the list of people with whom you are sharing the message.
- By submitting a public post, none of your contacts will receive email notifications.
- If you want people of a certain circle get notified by email then while writing the message, pause the mouse on it and enable the option Notify Circle.
- Clear a circle to see an animation and fun. As a test, you can create a new, empty circle, and then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete Circle.
- To exclude someone from a circle, just drag the icon of the person out of it.
- Position the mouse over someone’s name to see a slightly larger version of the avatar used by the person and add it to a circle of more practical way.
- You can use the speech recognition function of Google Translate to facilitate communication between speakers of different languages that are talking the hangout.
- Its and App for Android to use Google Plus. Clicking on the Huddle, the user can start a conversation with your contacts and exchange messages like SMS. The history is always available and the convenience is amazing. Even an audible alarm will warn you when you receive a message that way.
- After sending a photo to Google +, you can edit it within the social network. Simply click on it and then choose Actions > Edit Photo.
- Click on the date and time of publication of the image to access the permalink of it. This makes it easy to share it with friends by chat.
- No need to rotate images before uploading them to Google +. In the “Actions” menu, you can also find options to turn it to the right or left.
Also take a look @ How to Upload images through iPhone to Google Plus.